Inner Spirit Inner Artist: A Day of Classes to Feed Your Inner Spirit with Your Inner Artist — Meditate. Activate. Retain.
- Registration for Devised Theatre 10:30AM-12PM
- Registration for Devised Dance 12:30PM-2PM
- Registration for Devised Song 2:10PM-2:55PM
- Skill Level: Any
- This Class is For: People of any skill level who want to engage the Bible through acting
- Focus: Scripture study, meditation, relaxation, nurturing the spirit, activating the body, stimulating the imagination
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- This Class is For: people desiring to explore the Bible though dance. You do not have to be a trained dancer to enjoy this class. However, dance experience is a plus.
- Focus: Using dance to aid in understanding and retaining scriptural messages; relaxation; nurturing the spirit; activating the body; stimulating the imagination
- Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- This Class is For: People excited to use singing to explore and delve deeper into the Bible. You do not have to be a trained singer to enjoy this class. However, your singing ability should range from good to exceptional. If you do not profess to be a singer or feel comfortable singing around others or in public, you probably will not be comfortable in this course.
- Focus: As a group, improvising song from scripture to aid in understanding and retaining Biblical passages; scripture study; relaxation; nurturing the spirit; and activating the body
What Does “Devised” Mean?
In terms of performing arts, “devised” is used to refer to works that are developed collaboratively. Such works can be inspired by anything. Using scripture for inspiration, “Inner Spirit Inner Artist” classes focus on building a short piece of performance art developed live in the room from the contributions of participants. ~